Welcome to Banerji Memorial Club, Thrissur
Our club is one of the oldest clubs in Kerala doing a yeoman's service in fields of sports, social services, charity etc. The club was formed in 1914 and is now ninety eight years old. Initially a club was formed in 1912 and it was named as The Trichur Club. Sir. A.R. Banerji ICS, the then Divan of Cochin formed the club and he was its first president. His Highness Sir. Ramavarma GCIS, the Raja of Cochin was the patron of the club, the honorary secretary being Mr. J.S.Mac Beam. The executive committee members were M/s G.E.Browing, HWM Brown, K.E.Nicell and Dr.G.N.Coomer — all English. The land and the building were donated to Sir.A.R.Banerji, Divan of Cochin by the Maharaja of Cochin, for establishing a club. Sir.A.R.Banerji passed away in 1912, later the club was named as "BANERJI MEMORIAL CLUB", in 1914.
CLUB AT A GLANCE